Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Weekly Update from the Chair

Trying Times
Dear Investors,

This day of our Lord, Nov. 22, 2005, finds TQR foundering off the coast of credibility. Though I am confident we will soon right our ship. Yesterday, due to a server crash, the site disenfranchised 50 odd investors who may or may not want to ever invest with TQR again. My correspondence with one Sandeep of HostedToday went something like this:

TQR: Damn you Indian Techies! What the hell is my site going to be worth if 50 investors cannot view it at the same time?

Sandeep: Please to forgive us your frustrations. But blah blah, critical server, backlog, weapons cache clearing ... blah blah blah...

Anywhat, the site is working again. The server is clunky and outsourced. It is almost a certainty that HostedToday will be replaced by something stateside here sooner than later, but I am currently overtaxed w/care and too lazy to undertake the task right now.

A meeting tonight twixt the Floor personnel should goose our returns and market standing somewhat. The combatants will be fighting tooth and nail to see whose story will be sent up directly into my perspiring, diminuitive digits. Seeing as how they are starting with three works of possible capital gain, it should be a rollicking debate. Ad hominem hominen hominem attacks are not discouraged.

Again, I apologize to our investors for the site's inability to handle more than a handful of you at a time. Sandeep assures me the problem was not too many viewers that overloaded our circuits, but some possible malignant guerrilla spammers or the like. Sure thing. I believe them mucho. What else can I do right now? God's speed to you all in your assorted ventures.

Sincerely, TQR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home