Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bad News and its Management

Maggie Murdock's real life mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer, which is why Maggie hasn't been very active in the Terminal as of late. We all wish Maggie's mother well, of course. And seeing as how this gig is purely voluntary and unpaid, it behooves me to recognize the difficulty of Maggie's position. So. I sent her a gmail to put her mind at ease, then sent her fellows this to let them know the situation.


Maggie, in real life, is having some personal strife, what with her mother having recently been diagnosed with cancer. So. I have told her that real life intrudes and not to worry about TQR (unless she wants to worry about TQR, as a distraction perhaps) this quarter. She's going to let me know what's up here soon. I just thought I should let you all know where the Terminal stands right now as far as Maggie's situation goes.

That being said, one of you should be in the bullpen as far as making the initial post for the piece Cyberevenge, Inc. As soon as we know what's what, I'll either tap you as my reliever, or let you know the starter is staying in.

Remember, in two weeks you will be voting on the capital in the Terminal. Ties go to Architext for yay or nay from on high. Rejects receive a personal gmail quickie critique from the Terminali of origin. Those that go up, go up. Voting will take place in the Terminal. The Conference Room will be utilized by you all in order to hash out which piece goes where, in other words, which piece is genre and which literary and why you think so. It should make for an interesting discussion twixt you all, seeing as how the line between literary and genre (in my humble opinion) is not always so very clear.

Questions, let me know.


It goes without saying Maggie will be missed, but it is also a given that the Terminali will have no problem handling the extra load. Our prayers go out to Maggie's mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home