Saturday, December 10, 2005

Fri, Dec. 9th meeting: Death and Resurrection

I went back to look at the transcript, but it had mysteriously disappeared. All that was left were a few 'Good nights' after what had been a vicious back alley brawl. So to speak. Granted, you can't 'brawl' in a physical sense inside a chat room, but if you want to get figurative about it? Sharon Tate had her baby ripped out of her while she was still alive and was hung up by the rafters again last night. All I remember were the words 'fucking hate' being typed a lot, mostly as in 'I fucking hate so-and-so.' And frankly, I felt ambushed and didn't know how to respond. There was some kind of powerplay going on there that I never expected. Half the room was divided and our house wasn't standing anymore.

You know, I'm lying, too. I can't in good conscience say 'I felt ambushed and didn't know how to respond.' I felt ambushed, is true. But I did know how to respond. It's just that it took another two hours for us to get to that point. Prickly and Raygun are gone. I wish them well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can get their kinder, gentler cousins to step in, Theo.

It's a big world.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Theodore Q. Rorschalk said...

I don't care if they're kinder or gentler, Kofi. I just want them to believe in what we're doing, is all. That's all. It's a big world.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Theodore Q. Rorschalk said...

Yeah. Judy's in the Terminal (if she ever shows). Smoggs hates the very idea of publishing on the Web. Tailwagger seems to be about as likely as Smoggs to agree to slide into his alotted persona. Oh well. You work on them a bit, and they may come around, who knows?

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home