Tuesday, December 13, 2005

First Chunk of Public Feedback That Makes Me Think We're Onto Something Good

I wanted TQR to be all about the idea you don't have to be pretentious to be serious about writing. Also, for it to be it's own little world, where drama lives for its own sake. And, too, for it to feel like the staff lives, and breathes and works there. So, you can see why the following note posted on the site this night made me feel so giddy. Without further ado...

Re:Sound off like you got a pair!
Date: 2005/12/14 01:42 By: Bill Brusselle Status: Visitor


I'm glad to see a site where visitors can give some feedback because I have stopped by here a couple of times before and thought well this is interesting but you know who can you tell it to?

So here's some feedback: Most writing sites take themselves pretty seriously and I guess that is what they're supposed to do. I like that you have a sense of humer. You can still take the writing seriously but you dont have to be so dry bone about how to handle a thing like this. This sounds like smart people having fun but doig something upright too. A good combination.

I don't know all of your characters yet but I am figuring it out. This part reads like a story on its own. I want to know what else is going to ahppen.

The other thing is that there is always something new. It is always moving, not static like so many other sites where you can find good stories but there is something missing.

Here you guys have made something that feels like somebody's home when you visit.

So I will come again. And maybe next time I will bring a friend, you know? And a manuscript too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home