Monday, December 12, 2005

Gmail Badinage with Rockefeller, a.k.a ... well, it's not my place to give out that information

I think I've got a keeper in the ex-pat dude now sojourning in Japan who has agreed to undertake the difficult role of T. Quincy Rockefeller. What follows is some bidness conducted via gmail. His new bio is a freaking riot, no? I'm very happy this cat has agreed to come onboard.

TQR: I figure, since I now know how to make those fancy links via your names, instead of the cumbersome url-type pastings, I could link your names in the TQR credits to whatever url you so choose. Just gmail me the addy, and I'll get around to making it so.

PS, I've only got one reply to my Saturday gmail concering whether you really want to stay at TQR. I really need to hear from you on that one, too. If you don't reply, I'll think you're not very serious about this whole thing, so please reply ASAP. Thanks.

Rokky: I want to stay. My dark secret, besides being photographed next to urinals in use, is that I know the secret of the Kennedy assassination. Paranoid of the smell of shoe leather following me in the morning: I spy on the spies and assassinate the assassins. Develop characters first.

TQR: Hey, you could incorporate some of that into your thumbnail bio by your name in the 'Staff' menu item. Just let me know if you want to divulge any of this to the public in that manner ie the thumbnail bio thing.

Rokky: I don't know how to alter the "bio" in the Staff section.
That said, what do you think about this as an editorial admonishment posing a a bio? Sorry to riff on about the mystery bit instead of spreading the s and m metaphor across genres (no romance without tears --especially my own--- boo hoo!), but there it is:


Rokky, as his Bilderberger associates call him, enjoys a devious plot almost as much as he enjoys his evil second nature. His personal tastes, or "grapes" as he calls them, are unctuous to the level of being rancid. Over-ripe, noble rotting, decadent, a shock to the palette: he seeks out those authors, i.e., shareholders, who can add to his tongue's indelible memory. He is aware that all words should meld imagination with experience. Stories, our company's capital, if found lacking in this essential sugar will be pruned. He dares you to hook him to your hook, chain him in your Chandler, cane him with your Cain, or dash him against your Hammett.

BTW, your antecedent mail mentioned a bomb throwing incident at the terminal. We lost staff? tempers went kaboom? Nobody should be permanently angry over what we're doing, except of course, potential shareholders (they are a testy bunch). I have read the capital and will post a comment within 24 hrs in the Terminal.

TQR: Outstanding! I just update your brilliant bio on the site. The process is easy enough. [Blah blah blah] Glad you're in! That bio is awesome. I just changed the parts that explained terms like Capital and VC's because such explaining is redundant.

BTW, do you have a Web page you want me to link to your name in 'Credits'?

Rokky: Not yet. I have to get mediated first.

TQR: Mediated? Are you having marital problems? (Ba-dump-bump)

Will the rimshots never end? Brothers and sisters, Rokky is going to kick ass and take names over at TQR. Drop in, tune in and bust out (of the entropy-induced catatonia brought on by partaking of the normal run of e-zines available to you before TQR.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,nice post thanks for sharing?. I just joined and I am going to catch up by reading for a while. I hope I can join in soon.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]aAkNh[/url] - DGtYafuqnqijhD - http://hhmgziigpu.com

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home